The Schley Family

Hi everybody! This is a website all about our adventures in the world. I hope you get a chance to visit us soon, but if you can't.... come back to our website to see how our family is growing.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Rainbow Playdough

I've been looking for something to inspire me as I "work-at-home" with the girls.   I found a great website called Little Acorn Learning which offer monthly guides to nature-based childcare.  Sophie loves all the activities and I have found a great rhythm and purpose to my days.  

This month we have been celebrating the beginning of spring by searching for 4-leaf clovers on hikes, celebrating St. Patricks day by making a Sheppards Pie, painting w/ watercolors, and making rainbow playdough.  Here is the recipe if you want to give it a try.  Its sure to be a hit w/ the kids!


Rainbow Playdough
2 Cups All purpose flour
4 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
1 Cup Salt
Few drops of Various Colors of Food Coloring
2 Cups Boiling Water

Put all ingredients into large bowl except for boiling water and food coloring.  Pour boiling water over the mixture and stir it up with a large spoon.  Split the mixture into different bowls for each color.  Add food coloring to each bowl with a bit more hot water.  Sprinkle your surface with flour and lift warm dough out of your bowls one at a time as to not mix colors and knead until texture is right.  Playdough can be stored in air tight container.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home