The Schley Family

Hi everybody! This is a website all about our adventures in the world. I hope you get a chance to visit us soon, but if you can't.... come back to our website to see how our family is growing.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What's New?

This winter has been a long one! January & Feb have been the toughest so far but we are optimistic that spring will be here soon because the Ground Hog didn't see his shadow..(or did he...well, which ever one means spring is around the corner. How does that work again?) Here are some of the things we've been doing to pass the winter by.


Sophie got a new hair-doo...What do you think? Bangs or No bangs...I can't decide if I want to grow them out or not.















































Rodman went on a backcountry "hut-to-hut hike" adventure w/ some neighborhood friends. He's not sure why he did it because he never really enjoyed roughin' it. He said walking 100 ft outside in the dark through the forest to go pee was a little too scary for him. Not to mention sleeping on the wood floor in one room w/ 11 other guys who unlike Rodman, fart & snore all night long! He's such a girl :)






















Jack & Sophie have had their fix of Cinderella & Nemo! They snuggle up together and watch movies...it's so precous.

















Sophie got her first gardening lesson. If you can't dig in the dirt outside...dig inside. She helped me replant all my indoor houseplants. I think she definitely has a green thumb!
















THANK YOU to my awesome sisters who gave me a gorgeous Jade Tree for my birthday! I LOVE IT! It's 20 years old and radiates positive energy. And as a bonus, according to Feng Shui philisophy a Jade Tree in the SE corner of your home will bring you wealth & prosperity...(that's exactly where "Jadie" is going to live...in our master bath or should I say master"spa")! I could be wrong but I think my sisters are starting to "get" me....either that or Tricia is living too close to Boulder!




















GREEN LESSON OF THE DAY
Did you know that houseplants help clean indoor air? NASA has been researching methods of cleansing the atmosphere in future space stations to keep them fit for human habitation over extended periods of time. They've found that many common houseplants and blooming potted plants help fight pollution indoors. They're reportedly able to scrub significant amounts of harmful gases out of the air, through the everyday processes of photosynthesis. Some pollutants are also absorbed and rendered harmless in the soil. Plant physiologists already knew that plants absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen as part of the photosynthetic process. Now researchers have found many common houseplants absorb benzene, formaldehyde and trichloroethylene, as well.

So get rid of all those artificial plants& replace them with living ones! They not only clean the air but they lift your spirits too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home